[Unbound-users] Stuck with locally served data

Levi Pederson levipederson at mankatonetworks.net
Tue Nov 5 21:41:23 UTC 2013

Greetings again everyone,

Just a quick question on locally served data.  I've setup a wiki and would
like it served directly from a browser.  My information is as follows

dns server : **.**.10.246
wiki server : **.**.10.245

desired name :  mywiki.wiki

I've setup the following thinking that it would process correctly
local-zone: "mywiki" in the unbound.conf file

# local-zone: "mywiki" static
         local-data: " mywiki IN A 192.168.10.246"
         local-data: "mywiki.wiki A 192.168.10.245"
         local-data-ptr: "192.168.10.245 mywiki.wiki"

when I do an NSlookup through windows I get the properly served address but
alas I cannot access it through the web browser.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you,

Levi Pederson
Mankato Networks LLC