[Unbound-users] supported QPS

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed May 2 10:50:00 UTC 2012

Zitat von Ben <benjo11111 at gmail.com>:

> Hi Stephane,
>
> Thanks for your kind response.We plan to use 2 caching servers with
> load balancers to handle very high load,Can you suggest what are the
> parameters , we need to set at OS side.we are using centos 6.2.

Hello

on the OS side you have to assure that unbound get enough resources to
operate on, so you might need to setup the allowed sizes for socket
buffers, file handles and the like. For tuning unbound you should
follow this one:
http://www.unbound.net/documentation/howto_optimise.html
If there might be problems with many outstanding DNS queries (high
number of clients) you should have a close look at the libevent section.

> What is generic benchmark for unbound and QPS for caching dns server?

You might try something like this:
http://www.nominum.com/resources/measurement-tools

Regards

Andreas