[Unbound-users] Problem with query
rmf at fleischman.net
Thu Sep 15 18:21:17 UTC 2011
Using unbound 1.4.12,
dig -t ns dir.slb.com.
It does not return, it returns instantly against bind. :-|
A few things:
1. That name has a lot of NS answers (7000+ byte reply) according to
ns3.slb.com. It appears to return a truncated answer and then forces
clients (and probably unbound) to retry using TCP.
2. unbound doesn't return. The query runs for hours/days/forever,
inside unbound. It doesn't time-out! Digging into
env->mesh->all.root and seen 100's of answers, and yet no response.
Is it waiting for a COMPLETE answer? Even though it has a huge answer
3. dig to Google (188.8.131.52) goes to tcp and doesn't return an answer either!
4. When this happens, num_addr_replies gets incremented and seems to
never go down! As more stuff comes in for that (or children), the
value of num_addr_replies grows. We know that this value growing
infinitely is bad as there is a 16x limit in the code (against
max_reply_states) before incoming queries get dropped.
5. This looks like it has been a problem in the past:
Any advice on direction here. Happy to help.
More information about the Unbound-users