[Unbound-users] adding module to unbound

Baptiste bedis9 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:28:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

unbound looks to be a very nice software, meeting most of my
requirements: written in C, light, fast, etc...
There is even a module to run python script on requests. The main
issue is that the performance of python kill the overall performance
of unbound.
My purpose now is to write my own module in C.

I'm absolutely not familiar with autotools, and I can't make configure
to take in account my module.
I updated configure.ac with the few lines below:

 AC_ARG_WITH(ddns,
    AC_HELP_STRING([--with-ddns],
    [build ddns module, or --without-ddns (default=no)]),
    [], [ withval="no" ])

 ub_with_ddns=no
 if test x_$withval != x_no; then
    ub_with_ddns=yes
 fi

 if test x_$ub_with_ddns != x_no; then
    AC_DEFINE(WITH_DDNS, 1, [Define if you want ddns module.])
    WITH_DDNS=yes
    AC_SUBST(WITH_DDNS)
 fi

Then I run autoconf and configure seems well generated:
grep -c -i ddns configure
11

So I can run "./configure --disable-gost --with-ddns" to write the Makefile
But nothing appears in the Makefile:
grep -c -i ddns Makefile
0

Any help would be appreciated :)