[Unbound-users] Doing queries in python/lua modules

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Fri May 13 12:40:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to implement DNS64 in Unbound (the code by Viagenie sort of
works, but has a few issues and is pretty intrusive) and it looks to me
like a python/lua module would be a good idea to do it. This means that
I have to do a DNS query from within the module. What is the best way to
do it? I haven't seen any function to do that, can I just use
getaddrinfo() or python-dns?

Also, how much concurrency does the python module handle? The A query
might take some time during which the code will hang.

Or, even better, has someone already tried this?

Bernhard