[Unbound-users] [wishlist] unbound vs djbdns

Tue Jun 14 13:59:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:44:02 +0200
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> wrote:

> > Into the config file. This is not so much work, but if there are
> > many of these entries...
>
> Then you just use a shell script to generate the config? I don't think
> that unbound needs a feature which can be accomplished by simple shell
> or awk script:
>
> cd /etc/unbound/stub-zones;
> for domain in *; do < $domain awk 'BEGIN { print "stub-zone:\n\tname:
> \"'${domain}'\""; } { print "\tstub-host: \""$0"\""; } END { print "";
> }'; done > /etc/unbound/stub-zones.conf
>
> and add
>
> include: "/etc/unbound/stub-zones.conf"
>
> to your unbound.conf

Of course a simple shell script can do the job (I already did that),
but to get back to the original thing: I just suggested the the djbdns
system is simpler, so why not copy it? ;-) I now wrote a shell script
that converts the djbdns way to an include file. I did not say that
Unbound is broken or so, I just suggest that things can be done in a
simpler way ;-)

And as far as the source addresses in the logfiles are concerned: I
know I can use tcpdump, but is a source address in the logfiles not an
essential item? IMHO it is...

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.