[Unbound-users] Increase of requestlist entries/connection timeout due to groupinfra.com domain

Mon Feb 21 14:40:51 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

groupinfra.com's servers, ns1.logica.com and ns2.logica.com are both
'recursion-lame'.  They are configured as a cache (and offer recursion
but not the AA flag on answers).  Unbound tries to avoid them, but there
are no alternatives (no AAAA records or anything).  Then, unbound tries
a +RD query there (as if it were forwarding) and receives an answer (TTL
51 seconds, yes they really are recursors with TTLs).

Since there is not really authoritative servers for groupinfra.com, it
could that their 'semi-caches' cannot find the information all the time,
or have trouble as well.  zonecheck says 'it has no nameservers'.

Try to use unbound-control lookup groupinfra.com to get more information.

I see that groupinfra.com says it has different nameservers, its NS
record has 75 entries.  This explains the very long times where queries
exist for unbound; as it is trying every server and gets timeouts.  I
notice a lot of these entries seem to be on a subnet of some sort
(10.0.0.0/8 and others maybe too), and perhaps firewalled.

Since it claims to have nameservers that do not answer, it is not going
to get very good service.  They official nameservers registered with
.com are not authoritative.

Best regards,
   Wouter