[Unbound-users] Requestlist size difference 1.3.4 / 1.4.6

Bagári Péter bagarip at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:22:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have attached four graphs with the result of a test I have made today.
I have sent continuously increasing amount (max 4000) of DNS queries
for 10 minutes with the "resperf" tool, 3 times, running 2 different
Unbound binaries.
The resperf tool has used a long list of DNS queries collected from
our subscriber traffic recently.

Results on the graph:

1. - 1.4.6 and python module enabled in the config (a small python
script has modified the results of approx 1% of the queries).
2. - 1.4.6 without pythonmod
3. - 1.3.4 (also without pythonmod)

As you can see there is a significant difference in the request list
size and in the removal time of the old entries in the 2nd and 3rd
case.

Can anybody explain it to me what is the reason of this difference?
Is there any possibility to influence the requestlist processing in
the config?

Thanks, Peter