[Unbound-users] Resource temporarily unavailable and query problem with unbound

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Nov 9 16:14:13 UTC 2010

Hash: SHA1

Hi Sebastian,

On 11/09/2010 04:51 PM, Sebastian Nickel - Hetzner Online AG wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried to increase so-rcvbuf to 8m and to 16m. I changed
> net.core.rmem_max values in system, too.
> I still see many of those lines in the log:

Usually EAGAIN means the device is busy, but I have never seen it happen
on send.  Attached a small patch, could you test this?  It sets
SO_SNDBUF to the same value as SO_RCVBUF, perhaps the output buffer is full?

If it gives permission denied, change SO_SNDBUF into SO_SNDBUFFORCE

Otherwise, netstat -su?  does it report send buffer overruns (or can it
possibly do so?).

Does a symmetric rcvbuf-sndbuf setting make sense (apart from this
test)?  Or do you need to be able to configure the sndbuf?  (question
only applicable if attachment solves problem :-)  ).

Best regards,
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: patch_sndbuf_test.diff
URL: <http://lists.nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/unbound-users/attachments/20101109/d92f8fdf/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: patch_sndbuf_test.diff.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 72 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/unbound-users/attachments/20101109/d92f8fdf/attachment.bin>

More information about the Unbound-users mailing list