[Unbound-users] unbound-1.4.2 release

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Mar 9 16:29:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Unbound 1.4.2 is released, get it here:
> http://www.unbound.net/downloads/unbound-1.4.2.tar.gz

It has been build in fedora rawhide.

>    * prefetch-key option that performs DNSKEY queries earlier in the
> validation process, and that could halve the latency on DNSSEC queries.
> It takes some extra processing (CPU, a cache is needed).
>    * prefetch option that prefetches popular queries before they expire.

These features have been enabled per default, and I would love to get some
feedback from the unbound community on how well this works before enabling
these options in the full fedora releases (F-13 and F-12. The RHEL-5 package
will not enable these options per default)

Note that if you are upgrading an existing unbound package, you will have to
enable these options yourself by adding these lines to the unbound.conf server
section:

 	prefetch: yes
 	prefetch-key: yes

Paul