[Unbound-users] unbound linking bug with pthreads

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 24 16:37:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

Fedora 13 will no longer implicitely link in certain libraries. For
a full description see:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange

This is happening with unbound and the pthreads library. So we need to
pass it a -lpthreads when we are compiling with --with-pthreads.

I'm not a "configure" expert, so while I do see some tests in configure,
I don't understand where it remembers the additional -lpthread argument
which needs to be added to the Makefile's LIBS=

Currently, on my Linux machine which ran with --with-phtreads, I see in
Makefile:

 	LIBS=$(strip -lldns -levent -lrt   -lcrypto)

This is missing -lpthread

Paul