[Unbound-users] issue with unbound 1.4.6 win32 package

404Error 404error at bluebottle.com
Wed Aug 4 11:48:03 UTC 2010

I have installed unbound 1.4.6 win32 package with the default options on
both Windows XP Professional SP3 and Windows Vista Ultimate SP2.

Using the unbound dns server (127.0.0.1) I cannot browse to
http://www.isc.org/, I get a host name lookup failure error.

If I switch back to my ISP's DNS servers it works fine.

Here is my service.conf contents...

-->
# Unbound configuration file on windows.
# See example.conf for more settings and syntax
server:
	# verbosity level 0-4 of logging
	verbosity: 0

	# on Windows, this setting makes reports go into the Application log
	# found in ControlPanels - System tasks - Logs
	use-syslog: no

	# specify the interfaces to answer queries from by ip-address.
	# The default is to listen to localhost (127.0.0.1 and ::1).
	# specify 0.0.0.0 and ::0 to bind to all available interfaces.
	# specify every interface[@port] on a new 'interface:' labelled line.
	# The listen interfaces are not changed on reload, only on restart.
	interface: 127.0.0.1

	# Enable IPv6, "yes" or "no".
	do-ip6: no

	# enable to not answer id.server and hostname.bind queries.
	hide-identity: yes

	# enable to not answer version.server and version.bind queries.
	hide-version: yes

	# File with DLV trusted keys. Same format as trust-anchor-file.
	# There can be only one DLV configured, it is trusted from root down.
	# Download http://ftp.isc.org/www/dlv/dlv.isc.org.key
	dlv-anchor-file: "C:\Program Files\Unbound\dlv.isc.org.key"
<--