[Unbound-users] unbound-host bug parsing commandline

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Sep 28 22:09:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

There is a difference between:

 	unbound-host -C /etc/unbound/unbound.conf -d -d -d

and:

 	unbound-host -d -d -d -C /etc/unbound/unbound.conf

This is not at all obvious. I suggest that specifying -d -d -d should
override the verbosity: setting from the conf file, irrespective of
the order of the arguments.

I think I also got bitten by a changed default, where unbound no longer
reads the /etc/unbound/unbound.conf. That makes the unbound command kind
of hard to use. Why would someone use unbound-host without specifying
any conf file (and therefor any key) ?

Paul