[Unbound-users] unbound-1.3.1: forwarders broken?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Jul 16 21:28:43 UTC 2009

I had no time to debug the issue yet -- as usual,
issues comes in batches, you discover somethin
does not work when trying to fix something else
(and so on)... ;)

It seems that upgrading to 1.3.1 from 1.3.0 breaks
root forward zone.  Ie, if there's a zone declaration

  forward-zone:
   name: "."
   forward-address: 1.2.3.4

this declaration is ignored and normal way to resolve,
using usual set of root nameservers, is used instead.

Reverting back to 1.3.0 fixes it.

Maybe it's my build somehow, I don't yet know -- today
was a difficult day for me :)

JFYI.  I'll try to debug it further tomorrow.

/mjt