[Unbound-users] SIGSEGV w/ unbound 1.1.1 (compiled from ports) and FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p7

Sat Jan 3 10:00:59 UTC 2009

Hi Sven,

You are using libevent, I think it is too old. I know version 1.1 has
trouble (everywhere?), 1.3 seems to work fine on linux(epoll).
Anyway, I think libevent-1.4.8-stable has no problems whatsoever (no
problems reported to me up to now).

What version of libevent are you using? Can you upgrade it and tell me
if things change for you?

You can also compile without libevent which also stops the problem.

I think there may need to be a build dependency on libevent version >=
1.4.8 on unbound, since you are the 3rd or 4th guy to report this. This
could get tricky, since I try to remain compatible with
libevent-compatible replacement libraries, such as libev. (
http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html )

Best regards,
   Wouter (and a Happy New Year)