[Unbound-users] Unbound v1.0.2 stopping - DNSSEC enabled
Chris_Griffiths at cable.comcast.com
Wed Oct 8 03:17:46 UTC 2008
We have been testing a resolver running Unbound 1.0.2 with DNSSEC
enabled in order to evaluate the server in a production environment.
The Unbound application would routinely stop every few hours when not
under heavy load. We turned up verbosity to level 3 in the config file,
but the only information written to syslog was the following message:
Oct 3 20:10:28 <hostname> unbound: [27453:0] info: service stopped
We enabled DNSSEC and installed 5 trust anchors and many different keys
to test using the trusted-keys format. The server was also configured
in a chroot environment. We did not enable IPv6 on the server.
Here is the configuration we were testing with. Any comments would be
# interface: ::0
access-control: 0.0.0.0/0 allow
# access-control: 10.0.0.0/8 allow
# access-control: 2001:DB8::/64 allow
# trust anchors. In separate files, to be updated from cron.
# trust keys
More information about the Unbound-users