[Unbound-users] Unbound fails to stub-zone to localhost

Wed Oct 1 13:28:39 UTC 2008

Hi Martin,

What is the NS RRset of local.zone ?
dig @127.0.0.1 local.zone NS
Unbound will send to the servers named in the NS set in preference to
the configured 127.0.0.1.   From the below, it could be that the NS set
is either empty or 192.168.14.1 for example.

This may help you. In svn trunk I recently fixed unbound so that you can
run with stub-addr: 127.0.0.1 at 10053  with NSD running on port 10053 on
localhost.   When you use the '@' for port notation (in the svn trunk
version) the NS record set is not used in preference.

option (d) should have worked, I think.  Maybe there is something else
amiss.  If this doesn't work, tell me what unbound says when verbosity:
4 is set.

Best regards,
   Wouter