[Unbound-users] Unbound release 0.10
wouter at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Mar 3 12:48:02 UTC 2008
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Today unbound 0.10 is released. Get it here
The sha1 checksum of 0.10 is
Unless we encounter problems (i.e. bug-reports) in 0.10, this version is
a candidate for the 1.0 release. (moving the dot)
The main difference with 0.9 is optimization. I used gprof and
performance tests and made some code changes. For this reason libevent
is no longer a strict requirement (it defaults to a builtin
alternative). Performance increased in double-digit percentages.
Note the changed installation directory for binaries. If you upgrade
from 0.9 you should either uninstall using the 0.9 makefile or remove
unbound* from /usr/local/bin/ directory, otherwise the order of sbin and
bin in your PATH determines which version is started ... You can use
./configure --sbindir=path to override the directory.
The draft-dns-0x20 is a one-week-old draft that improves
spoof-protection if enabled. It works when you run a resolver that
speaks against authoritative servers, it may not work in complex
resolver mesh setups.
* This code is public beta and ready for deployment.
* updated ldns-tarball inside source from trunk for latest NSEC3
~ type codes
* installation to /usr/local/sbin by default now, like other
~ servers do
* libunbound returns the full answer packet (with signatures,
~ additional data, NSECs ...)
* option 'use-caps-for-id: yesno', experimental implementation
~ of draft-dns-0x20.
* default configure uses builtin event mechanism, since it is
~ faster and usually good enough. Use libevent when you use
~ huge outgoing port ranges.
* Various optimisations
* make test shows an indication of cache speed
* unbound-host patch (from Jan-Piet Mens) to read config file
* added contrib/ dir with an /etc/rc.d script for FreeBSD
* --prefix option for configure also changes directory: pidfile:
~ and chroot: defaults in config file.
* fixed so you can start without a config file (will complain, but
~ start with defaults).
* fixed read of empty lines in /etc/hosts by libunbound
* fix to install all manual pages (unbound-host and libunbound
~ pages too)
* fixed memory leaks in libunbound (during cancellation and wait).
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Unbound-users