[Unbound-users] Feature request: foreground mode

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Tue Feb 19 22:25:03 UTC 2008

Hello unbound developers,

I like to run daemons using the supervise tool from the daemontools
package. This needs the daemon to run in the foreground (ie. not detach
from the controlling terminal). Could you please add this feature to
unbound (with a -f command-line option to enable it, for example).

I can see that the code already has the facility to run unbound in the
foreground, if the configuration parameter "do_daemonize" is set to
zero, but there's no code to actually read this variable from the config
file or from a command-line switch. If you could enable this for the
next release of unbound (or provide a diff against 0.9) I'd be grateful.

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev
DNS Services Manager
RIPE NCC