[Unbound-users] FreeBSD + Unbound 1.0.2 error: too many file descriptors requested

Robert Edmonds edmonds at debian.org
Mon Aug 18 13:53:16 UTC 2008

Wouter Wijngaards wrote:
> There is also libev (http://dist.schmorp.de/libev/libev-3.43.tar.gz),
> that aims to provide an alternative libevent-API implementation (author
> says it is faster). Quick compile test on a linux machine: ./configure;
> make on libev-3.43, then ./configure --with-libevent=<thelibevbuilddir>
> and that seems to work fine. It can be an alternative.

hi, Wouter and Norbert:

I happen to be the debian maintainer responsible for both unbound and
libev.  I'd be interested in hearing if I should configure unbound with
libev by default, or if I should provide multiple unbound packages
configured with different event libs a la the apache2-mpm-* packages.

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds at debian.org