[RPKI] Routinator 0.14.0 ‘You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth’ released

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jun 20 12:01:22 UTC 2024

Hello!

We are pleased to announce the latest release of Routinator, version
0.14.0 ‘You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth.’

For this release, we revamped how Routinator stores the local copy of
RRDP repositories. Previously, each object in the repository was stored
in its own file on the local file system. Because repositories consist
of lots of very small objects, there was always a risk of running out
of inodes – resulting in a confusing “No space left on device” error
message. Now, we store all the objects in a single file which will
avoid running out of inodes and should also save some disk space.

Our friends at Tweede Golf helped us revamp the Routinator UI and
rewrote it using React only. While at it we streamlined the build
system so it doesn’t require downloading assets during build any more.

This release updates one of our dependencies in response to security
advisory RUSTSEC-2024-0332 related to the HTTP server. If you are
running Routinator allowing direct access to its HTTP server from the
Internet (i.e., not with a reverse proxy in between), we suggest to
upgrade to this version.

As always, there have been many smaller changes and improvements.
The full list of changes is available in the release notes at

   https://github.com/NLnetLabs/routinator/releases/tag/v0.14.0

On behalf of the NLnet Labs Routing Team,
Martin