[RPKI] Krill 0.12.0-rc3 'Crickets' released

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Oct 19 19:49:04 UTC 2022

Dear list,

We just released the third release candidate for Krill 0.12.0 'Crickets'.

This release vastly reduces the CPU usage by Publication Servers for big RPKI repositories.

In addition to this we added a small feature, and fixed an interop issue:
- Listen on IPv4+IPv6 #955
- Fix rfc6492 interop (AKI format) #948

After deploying RC1 in our own production environments we found two issues that were fixed in subsequent RC releases:
RC2 (#960) fixes an issue in RC1 where the repository content would not be upgraded properly.
RC3 (#961) improves parent synchronisation scheduling and logging

Upgrade instructions for the RC release are here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/upgrade.html#v0-12-0

The overview of all issues for this release can be found here:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/projects/23

Full documentation for the RC version can be found here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/

We will continue to run this release in our own production environments and monitor functionality and resource usage. Provided that no unexpected issues are found, we plan to release 0.12.0 on Monday 31 October.

Note: if you want to test this (or other) Krill release candidate(s) you can follow these instructions:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/install-and-run.html#installing-specific-versions

Please let us know if you have comments or questions.

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,

Tim