[RPKI] Hybrid RPKI guides for ARIN and APNIC

Nathalie Trenaman ntrenaman at ripe.net
Wed Jun 8 09:45:20 UTC 2022

Hi Alex,

> On 8 Jun 2022, at 09:56, Alex Band via RPKI <rpki at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
>
> There is currently a lot of activity around Hybrid RPKI, the deployment model where organisations run their own Certificate Authority (CA) software and publish their ROAs in a repository offered by their RIR or NIR.
>
> APNIC has been offering a Publication Service for quite a while already, ARIN launched theirs in March 2022 and the RIPE NCC is currently beta-testing this functionality.
>
> The Hybrid RPKI model has proven to be hugely successful in Brazil, where the National Internet Registry NIC.br offers this as the only option. Just 2,5 years after launch, more than 1400 organisations currently run a Delegated CA with Krill and publish almost 8000 ROAs in their parent’s publication point.
>
> To help with Hybrid RPKI deployment under the services of APNIC and ARIN, we wrote two articles explaining the benefits and guide you through the setup process step by step:
>
> https://blog.nlnetlabs.nl/running-krill-under-apnic/
>
> https://blog.nlnetlabs.nl/running-krill-under-arin/
>
> As soon as the RIPE NCC offers the same service, we’ll write a similar guide.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex
> --

Thanks for taking the effort to describe these step-by-step guides! This is awesome work! We look forward to team up with you in just a few weeks to publish the one for RIPE NCC.
In the mean time, if there are people who want to join in our friendly customer trial for Hybrid RPKI in the RIPE NCC region before we go officially live, please let me know.
We don’t promise everything will go smooth from day 1, but we will try!

Cheers,
Nathalie Trenaman
RIPE NCC