[RPKI] Krill release 0.9.5-RC2 'Have You considered these Upgrades?'

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Feb 28 15:00:43 UTC 2022

Dear list,

We just released a second release candidate of the upcoming
Krill 0.9.5 'Have You considered these Upgrades?'.

This release was primarily intended to improve support for migrations
of pre-0.9.0 installations.

The upgrade code has been improved to do a clean preparation of
migrated data structures in a separate directory. This allows for a
clean roll-back in case an upgrade fails. Furthermore it allowed us to
add a separate command line tool `krillup` which can be used to prepare
and test a data migration while krill is running - reducing possible risk
and downtime especially for installations with a lot of data.

You can read more about this upgrade process here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/upgrade.html

In addition to this we added a few other quick fixes in this release:

- Improve http connection error reporting #776
- Fix deserialization bug for CAs with children #774

The full list of changes can be found here:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/projects/20

If you want to test this release candidate, you can install it via
cargo by running

  cargo install -f --version 0.9.5-rc2 --locked krill

Binary packages for Debian and Ubuntu are available via the -proposed
'distributions' (i.e., using bullseye-proposed rather than just
bullseye) and via the proposed channel for RHEL 7 and 8 and compatible
distributions.

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,

Tim