[RPKI] [ERROR] TLS alert received: Message

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Feb 14 08:33:48 UTC 2022

Ola,

Bom dia. Obrigado pela mensagem. Por favor, deixe-me continuar em inglês..

First of all, my apologies that this log message is unhelpful. I have created an
issue to add the URL in question to log messages in future so that it will be more
clear what connection failed exactly:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/issues/776

If I have to guess then it looks to me that a connection to a CA parent, or
publication server over https failed. Which version of Krill are you using? While
an invalid certificate for a parent or repository is not great, the provisioning
and publication protocols do not rely on transport security. We made a fix for
this in Krill release 0.9.2, see this issue on github:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/issues/628

So, if you are on Krill 0.9.2 or later then this should not happen at least in this
context.

Kind regards
Tim Bruijnzeels

Krill developer at NLnet Labs.