[RPKI] xrrtrcheck - RTR/VRP health check for IOS-XR

Lukas Tribus lukas at ltri.eu
Thu Mar 11 21:13:07 UTC 2021

Dear list(s),

A few months ago I hacked together a python script, which connects via
NETCONF to IOS-XR boxes, and tries to determine the health of the RTR
servers and the local VRP cache.

It will iterate through the RTR server list and check:

- the RTR server state (should be connected)
- minimum VRP IPv4 count (default: 150000)
- minimum VRP IPv6 count (default: 20000)
- maximum deviation of VRP IPv4 count between RTR servers (default: 30000)
- maximum deviation of VRP IPv6 count between RTR servers (default: 10000)

It will return with nagios compatible exit-codes.

Maybe it could be useful for somebody. Note that I'm no longer
actively working on this script, but feel free to ask questions or
take over the code.

Code:
https://gist.github.com/lukastribus/695c9e780d118755271519d4d3cb54f3

cheers,