[RPKI] Tcp keepalives

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Mon Aug 30 17:42:21 UTC 2021

In some early lab testing I did, I noticed that RTR sessions were often
resetting every 10 minutes.
The reason I discerned was there was an intervening firewall which must've
had a 10 minute auto-flush of stale state info.
Rather than trying to fight a losing battle with firewall folks (also with
possible collateral effects), I found it easier to configure the client to
refresh more often.
For example, on Cisco IOS-XR, the "refresh-time 300" parameter (5-minute
refresh) helped my situation.

I haven't yet gotten Routinator v0.10.0 deployed so not sure about what
we're seeing, but architecturally maybe it's weird for the server (vs.
client) to send the keepalives?

Tony