[RPKI] Filtering of Unsafe VRPs

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Sep 14 15:40:04 UTC 2020

Hi!

Lukas Tribus wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 10:07, Martin Hoffmann via RPKI
> <rpki at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
> > There is a new metric routinator_vrps_unsafe in Prometheus output or
> > unsafe-vrps in status output that counts the VRPs filtered that
> > way.
>
> "unsafe" is not very descriptive. How about filtered_overlaps or
> something?

I agree the name isn’t very good, but I want something short. "Overlap"
feels misleading to me: One might think that it refers to duplicates.

I spent half an hour now on my friendly neighbourhood thesaurus but
couldn’t really come up with a better term for "possibly dangerous to
use." I might very well be missing the obvious term, though.

In any case, I was planning to add some proper documentation, likely as
part of the man page so everything is in one place.

Kind regards,
Martin