[RPKI] Krill 0.6.0 'Go with the Flow' Released

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed May 6 16:51:26 UTC 2020

Dear mailing list,

We are happy to announce the latest release of Krill.

Krill 0.6.0 'Go with the Flow'
==============================

The most visible change in this release is that the embedded Lagosta UI now includes French, Greek and Spanish translations. But, the vast majority of the work went into making Krill use asynchronous code.

We migrated from actix-web to Hyper. Hyper is a fast, safe and fully asynchronous web framework which has a lot of momentum behind it. This change also meant that we needed to ensure that Krill itself uses safe asynchronous code whenever it connects to a remote system, like a parent or repository, or in case of the CLI the Krill API itself.

In addition to this we improved the history API to ensure that Krill will no longer use an excessive amount of history in cases where a CA has a long history. The API is still subject to change, and therefore we will only document this in future. In the meantime however, the CLI may be used to show the history of your CA.

Krill UI (Lagosta):
* Now includes French, Greek and Spanish translations
* ARIN compatibility toggle removed (no longer required)
* Minor improvements in functionality

Krill back-end:
* Migrated from actix-web to hyper
* Krill now uses asynchronous code where applicable
* Krill CA history improved. (prevent server crash due to excessive memory usage)
* Krill will now try to re-publish pro-actively if a repository is temporarily unavailable

Breaking changes:
* The API end-points for bulk operations changed to /api/v1/bulk/*
* The API end-point for CA issues moved to /api/v1/cas/{handle}/issues
* The history API changed, this is not yet stable and therefore undocumented

Upgrading:

Users of Krill 0.4.2 and above will be able to upgrade to this release using their current configuration file and data directory. This new version will perform a data migration as it starts up. Of course we tested this, and we are confident that this automatic migration will not fail. However, in the unlikely event that it should, Krill will leave your data unchanged and refuse to start. In that case please:

1) use your old Krill binary again, and
2) make an issue in GitHub or raise it here on this list!

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,

Tim