[RPKI] HA strategy

Aistis Zenkevičius aistis at heficed.com
Wed Feb 19 12:04:47 UTC 2020

Hi Tim

Thanks a lot for an extensive reply. So in essense, I have 16 hours to bring my repo back up one way or another.

Good idea regarding Krill instance dedicated solely for CA purposes and then configuring it to publish into Repo Krill. I assume there's no way to configure it right now so it publishes into multiple repos, right? This, at least on paper, would simplify data dir synchronization between redundant repo servers.

So in my case, setup should move from (single instance):

1. Add CA <ca handle>
2. Grab CA identity XML, hand it over to RIR
3. Configure embedded repo for <ca handle>
4. Add parent for <ca handle> with RIR response XML
5. Configure HTTPS proxy pass for RRDP
6. Configure rsyncd to serve files

1. Create CA Krill instance somewhere safe
2. Create Repo Krill instance
3. Add CA <ca handle> on CA Krill
4. Grab publisher request
5. Add CA Krill as publisher on Repo Krill, grab response
6. repo update rfc8183 <repo response> on CA Krill
7. [???] Add parent for <ca handle> with RIR response XML on CA Krill [???]

This can be HA'd to ones taste, either geo redundant or single site with tools that one likes:
8. Configure HTTPS proxy pass for RRDP
9. Configure rsyncd to serve files

Something feels off above. Did I get it right?

Thanks,
Aistis