[RPKI] First Release Candidate of Routinator 0.7.0.

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Apr 23 15:19:16 UTC 2020

Dear Mailing List,

Routinator’s upcoming release 0.7.0 starts the journey towards version
1.0. As part of that we have adjusted our release process and are now
preceding each proper release with at least one release candidate
allowing us, package maintainers, and users to discover any last moment
issues and hopefully making urgent post-release bug fix releases a
thing of the past.

As such we just have published Routinator 0.7.0-rc1. There is a whole
lot of changes but most importantly, we converted the internals to the
Rust’s new async/await world. In the process, we upgraded all
dependencies to their latest versions, thereby removing a major
obstacle for creating system packages.

All the changes are, as ever, listed in the release notes which are
available at

  https://github.com/NLnetLabs/routinator/releases/tag/v0.7.0-rc1

If all goes as planned, we expect 0.7.0 to be released by the end of
next week.

Happy Routinating!

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,
Martin