[nsd-users] NSD incorrectly logging DNAME as refused?

Jamie Landeg-Jones jamie at catflap.org
Tue Jul 9 02:30:16 UTC 2024

As an interesting aside, within 30 seconds of my reply, my nameservers
got flooded for about 2 minutes with requests from all over the place
for those very test domains I mentioned - approx 100 uniq addresses. (shout
out to noc.net. jpberlin.de. lemarit.net.  moybella.net.  schlyter.se.
tednet.nl.  transip.nl.  vantosh.com.  wildnet.pl. .etc....)

Presumably some mailservers are scanning the inbound email, and attempting
to resolve potential links? I'm sure there's some privacy / tracking
issues there!