[nsd-users] nsd.conf: logfile & log-only-syslog

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jan 9 12:57:36 UTC 2023

Hi Andreas,

I think you can do that by setting log-only-log to false and setting
log-file to stderr. By default the log functions use the "log_file"
function and that's only updated if log-only-syslog is true or no value
is provided for log-file (nsd.c:1481).

Of course, stderr is lost once the daemon goes to the background, so
you might want to specify a filename depending on your situation.

- Jeroen