[nsd-users] nsd process restarting

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed Sep 14 13:02:47 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm using nsd 4.6.0 on ubuntu 20, latest patches installed (compiled
from source). I see that with the option 'server-count=2' the 2
"server" processes reguraly restart (about every second), the vm has 2
cpu's btw. When I decrease it to server-count=1, the "server" process
(not the main, not the xfr) still restarts but less frequently.
The server is being used as an authorative-only server and nothing is
found in /var/log/nsd/nsd.log.
NSD is running under systemd, with the option "--enable-systemd" set
during compile time (and "Type=notify" in the systemd service file)

Is it normal to see this process restarting that often? Can I configure
a setting to find something in the logs concerning this?

With friendly regards,
Franky