[nsd-users] Multi-homed server UDP packets wrong interface

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jun 30 08:00:28 UTC 2022

Hi Robert,

Glad you managed to work around this issue for now. NSD does support
the setfib attribute for ip-address options, that may be of help in
this scenario (maybe you're already using it?).

I'll see if I can port the code in Unbound to NSD at some point. I
actually looked into it when I did the bindtodevice/setfib options
because they get a similar result. Back then we decided to go with the
ones implemented now because they'd skip the routing entirely as
they're originally intended to improve performance. No reason we can't
implement the source address options too though. The source address
option can be considered a little bit more user friendly because the
user wouldn't have to list the addresses separately, which may be
useful in some situations.

- Jeroen