[nsd-users] Multi-homed server UDP packets wrong interface

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jun 28 07:50:36 UTC 2022

Hi Robert,

Setting the outgoing IP address depends on the IP_PKTINFO socket
option. Currently NSD does not implement it, but given some time it can
certainly be made to do so.

NSD currently does support the bindtodevice socket option, which should
get you the desired result(?) The option causes NSD to bind the socket
to the device that has it assigned. It's an attribute of the ip-address
configuration option and you can set it like so:

    ip-address: 1.2.3.4  bindtodevice=yes

Let me know if it works for you. As for the IP_PKTINFO option, I've
created a GitHub issue: https://github.com/NLnetLabs/nsd/issues/217.

Regards,
Jeroen