[nsd-users] logging error on /etc/nsd/nsd.log

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Sat Jun 18 19:36:54 UTC 2022

No, that’s not the problem. Shifting to another distribution will not help you if you don’t know what you are doing.

The user under nsd is running has no write permissions to the location listed and it could be more things - non-matching permissions on the log-file, non-matching permissions on the directory, AppArmor profile, SELinux profile, chroot/jail.

You are not sharing the whole story, just tiny bits, so it’s really hard to help you.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> (He/Him)