[nsd-users] Getting Refused from stub-zone authoritative query record_Follow_up

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Dec 14 11:04:37 UTC 2022

Hi Josh,

Setting up an acl does not relate to DNSSEC. It's really just
specifying which machines are allowed to query, xfr, etc. Normally,
you'd want to limit which machines are allowed to IXFR/AXFR the zone,
I'm not sure that applies in this situation though as it seems you just
want Unbound to redirect queries for internal domains to your
authoratative servers?

In that case, I think you only want to specify provide-xfr, etc and
leave allow-query alone(?)

If you really want to limit the machines that are allowed to query as
well, you probably want to check which source address is used for the
query. Perhaps just list all IPs assigned to your Unbound machines in
the NSD configuration(?)

I'd try limiting to IP first, and include TSIG after you're sure that
works (assuming you're still in a lab environment).

Hope that helps. Of course, feel free to follow up if you need
additional help.

- Jeroen