[nsd-users] pkill nsd create zombies

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Thu Feb 25 19:16:18 UTC 2021

Am 15.02.21 um 16:56 scrunchie A. Schulze via nsd-users:
> I build a docker container with nsd ( configure; make; make install )
> With a very simple nsd.conf I could run nsd, do "pkill nsd" and see zombies.

I made some tests to eliminate some variables.

1. I use to run docker on Debian.
Docker is available as docker-ce provided by the docker.com company.
The upcoming Debian 11/Bullseye provide also a version simply not built by docker.com but the Debian team.
-> switching between these two docker versions makes no difference.

2. Docker makes it easy to run same code on different platforms.
Said that, I moved a container from a one docker-ce running on Debian/11 to an other host
with same docker-ce running in Debian/10. Still zombies. Moving to the next host
running docker-ca on Debian/9 change the picture. No zombies anymore.

To be clear: only the hostsystem, running the docker daemon, changed.
The container image was always the same (NSD using Debian11/Bullseye libraries)

strange ...

Andreas