[nsd-users] xfr errors

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Aug 1 09:19:10 UTC 2021

01.08.2021 12:12, Anand Buddhdev via nsd-users wrote:

> TSIG requires the time on the primary and secondary to be synchronised
> to within 5 minutes. Check the system time on your two servers. One of
> them has probably drifted more than 5 minutes. If you're not already
> running something like ntp or chrony, you should do that to keep the
> time accurate on these servers.

The time is syncronized within microseconds. We're running time sync
daemons on both, and both works as expected. This is the first thing
I checked - if the time is okay - yes it is, ticking exactly in line
on both servers.

I'm trying to rebuild NSD with #ifdebug turned on in the place where
BADTIME is returned, but so far it doesn't work, - apparently it tries
to print to a closed filedescriptor :)

Thanks!

/mjt