[nsd-users] NSD 4.3.0rc1 pre-release

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Mar 12 16:15:58 UTC 2020

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for testing, it's much appreciated!

As for the dropping of UPDATE queries, which is configurable and off by
default, it was a request from one our users. I'm unsure what the exact
reason was/is, but it's likely that they got a lot of queries from
badly behaving clients. By not answering at all, the client is probably
tricked into thinking the server is unavailable resulting in it giving
up.

Best,
Jeroen