[nsd-users] NSD - OpenVPN

José Luis Artuch zenbakaitz at speedy.com.ar
Mon Mar 9 12:59:51 UTC 2020

Good morning,
I am trying to solve a problem and I apologize if this is not the right
place where I should consult.
In the same LAN network there are several computers running.
On PC1 runs an NSD server (public IP a.b.c.d)
On PC2 runs an Lighttpd web server
On PC3 runs another NSD server (public IP w.x.y.z)
On PC7 runs an OpenVPN server
Everything works very well, except when both PC1 and PC3 computers
(both NSD servers) are included in the OpenVPN virtual network.
Under this condition, there is a problem with mobile devices: Web pages
hosted on the Lighttpd server (PC2) can only be accessed connected to a
WiFi network. Without connection to a WiFi network the error shown on
some mobile devices is:
Safari could not open the page because the server does not respond.
Simply exclude only one of the NSD servers from the virtual network and
everything returns to normal.
I would appreciate any guidance to resolve this issue.
With best regards.
José Luis