[nsd-users] Unbound Problems (Reverse Direction)

Wouter Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Jul 10 09:31:13 UTC 2020

Hi Ken,

On 10/07/2020 02:34, Ken.Hendrickson--- via nsd-users wrote:
> and preventing me from asking for help.  So I am posting my question again here,
> even though it is really about unbound, and not about nsd.

The unbound list got spam subscriptions and requires moderator approval
before a new subscriber can send email.  This takes time, and has
already been resolved for you, i.e. that should be working now.  But let
me reply to your issue, because maybe that helps straight away.

> NSD is working in both directions.
> Unbound is only working in the forward direction.

Nice to see that NSD is working!

I think you may need the unbound option unblock-lan-zones: yes and
perhaps also insecure-lan-zones: yes

Unbound blocks the lan zones by default.  It is to protect internet
servers from getting hit by traffic that is not really meant there.

Best regards, Wouter