[nsd-users] warning: process terminated with status 11

Wouter Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jul 6 14:43:59 UTC 2020

Hi Andreas,

On 01/07/2020 19:07, A. Schulze via nsd-users wrote:

> Am 19.06.20 um 08:04 schrieb A. Schulze via nsd-users:
>
>> nsd-4.3.1 acting as secondary for a zone (26 MB, 200k records)
>> on every (but not the first) update one NSD process generate ~10k lines "service remaining TCP connections" and then terminating with $subject
>

> Hello,
>
> are there any further information I should provide?

The line is printed at high verbosity when there are TCP connections
open.  It only should print that once for the NSD process (one per
server-count).  Not more, so 10k is like impossibly high.  Is it
miscompiled, or something else strange is going on.  Was it not compiled
cleanly?  Can you lower optimization counts on the compiler, perhaps?
Because I see no code path to make 10k printouts of those lines.

The terminate with signal 11 sounds like a segfault, can you make a
stack trace of it?  Like with gdb or gstack or valgrind.

Best regards, Wouter