[nsd-users] Seeking advice for deploying an anycast cluster

Fri Jan 10 19:26:09 UTC 2020

Am 03.01.2020 um 18:04 schrieb Daniel Corbe via nsd-users:
> The main issue I'm running into is I want to keep the primary's
> interface to the world as simple as possible.   At maximum, two hosts
> to communicate with.   So for that to work, I'd need to somehow
> cluster my NSD instances together or I'd need some sort of proxy
> server that can listen for incoming NOTIFYs and then distribute them
> to the rest of the constellation.    I don't think any of the usual
> suspects (nginx, haproxy, etc) have that capability out of the box.
> Do they?

This sounds like you want to have multiple NSDs at a single location,
having load balancing between them. How do you deploy your servers? For
anycast you need BGP anyways to announce your anycast prefixes. Hence
just announce the prefixes from all your NSD nodes if the provider
supports ECMP (equal-cost multipath) BGP.

Or if you deploy also routers, you can easily use OSPF.

This is what we do.

regards
Klaus