[nsd-users] generic reverse DNS data

Andreas Schwarz andreas at black-code.de
Thu Sep 12 15:35:24 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a larger amount of reverse DNS zones in my NSD, for which I would like to have generic entries, following a certain scheme.

As for now, I have the generic records and the occasional specific reverse DNS record all defined in zone files.

For knot, I discovered the module "synthrecord", which seems capable of generating both the forward and the reverse record for such use cases.
https://www.knot-dns.cz/docs/2.8/html/modules.html#synthrecord-automatic-forward-reverse-records

Is there a similar way in NSD, which avoids the need for having all the actual PTR records in my zone files?

Any feedback appreciated.

Best regards
Andreas