[nsd-users] logs

Simon Deziel simon at sdeziel.info
Thu Oct 24 18:37:13 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-24 2:18 p.m., José Luis Artuch wrote:
> Thanks Simon,
>
> I did everything again, but now running
> sudo systemctl edit nsd
> and saving
> [Service]
> ReadWritePaths=/var/log/nsd
>
> Then I have run
> sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Reloading is not needed as "edit" takes care of this once you save.

> sudo systemctl restart nsd
>
> Since the change was not reflected in /lib/systemd/system/nsd.service,

That is correct. The drop-in files are stored in
/etc/systemd/system/nsd.service.d/*.conf (override.conf by default).

"systemctl cat nsd" will list the various files it aggregates to form
the resulting unit definition.

> I restarted the system, but the change is still not reflected in
> /lib/systemd/system/nsd.service and the log is not written.
> What other change should I make ?.

In theory nothing else is needed. Do you still get the error about
read-only FS? If yes, make sure your nsd.conf points to a file under the
directory /var/log/nsd.

Simon