[nsd-users] logs

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Oct 24 18:26:56 UTC 2019

Hi José,

On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 15:18 -0300, José Luis Artuch wrote:
> Thanks Simon,
>
> I did everything again, but now running
> sudo systemctl edit nsd
> and saving
> [Service]
> ReadWritePaths=/var/log/nsd
>
> Then I have run
> sudo systemctl daemon-reload
> sudo systemctl restart nsd
>
> Since the change was not reflected in
> /lib/systemd/system/nsd.service,
> I restarted the system, but the change is still not reflected in
> /lib/systemd/system/nsd.service and the log is not written.
> What other change should I make ?

The changes will not be reflected in /lib/systemd/system/nsd.service,
instead a new file will be written in /etc/systemd/system/nsd.service
which should reflect your changes(?).

This is done so that changes are kept through upgrades, which is the
point that both Simon and Vladimir are making.

Hope that helps.