[nsd-users] ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? adding/removing slave zones

Andreas Schwarz andreas at black-code.de
Wed May 29 16:59:20 UTC 2019

@Kaulkwappe: I do this for primary zones. But I could not get it to work with secondary zones.
It would probably work, if all my secondary zones had the same primary nameservers, which I could then configure in a pattern.
Unfortunately, the zones use a varying bunch of nameservers. Therefore from my point of view, I would end up configuring a pattern for each zone. To reload the pattern I would again have to use 'reconfig' option.

@Anand: no it is not causing any problems so far. It only feels rough compared to primary zones with the 'nsd-control addzone' or 'nsd-control reload' commands.
And if something feels rough, I usually asume that I am working against a system and that there is a better way.

Thank you for your feedback.