[nsd-users] NSD 4.2.0 released
wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jun 11 12:48:24 UTC 2019
NSD 4.2.0 is available:
This release contains new features, contributed from Sinodun, that
implement TCP fast open support and also support for service on DNS over
There is also TLS OCSP stapling support with the tls-service-ocsp option
The new option hide-identity can be used in nsd.conf to stop NSD from
responding with the hostname for probe queries that elicit the chaos
class response, this is conform RFC4892.
There is a bug fix for memory leaks during zone file read, with
duplicate records in the zone file.
- Print IP address when bind socket fails with error.
- Fix #4249: The option hide-identity: yes stops NSD from responding
with the hostname for chaos class queries. Implements the RFC4892
- Patch to add support for TCP Fast Open, from Sara
- Patch to add support for tls service on a specified tls port,
from Sara Dickinson (Sinodun).
- Use travis for build check, initial unit test and clang analysis.
- TLS OCSP stapling support, enabled with tls-service-ocsp: filename,
patch from Andreas Schulze.
- Fix to delete unused zparser.default_apex member.
- Fix that the TLS handshake routine sets the correct event to
continue when done.
- Fix that TLS renegotiation calls the read and write routines again
with the same parameters when the desired event has been satisfied.
- Fix that TCP Fastopen has better error message and supports OSX.
- Fix to avoid buffer alloc with global buffer in tls write handler.
- Fix to initialize event structure when accepting TCP connection.
- Disable TLS1.0, TLS1.1 and weak ciphers, enable
CIPHER_SERVER_PREFERENCE, patch from Andreas Schulze.
- further setup ssl ctx after the keys are loaded, for ECDH.
- Fix #10: Fix memory leaks caused by duplicate rr and include
- Fix to define _OPENBSD_SOURCE to get reallocarray on NetBSD.
Best regards, Wouter
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the nsd-users